Thursday 3 April 2014

Challenge 2 : TEAM #3

So the other day I was teamed up with SuanYee and UncleTehPeng for NOMNOM Challenge in the Charlie Brown Cafe !
Check out our group's video here ! : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YaYPCLuWLtg
 

Each team were allowed 2 tries to get the pancake right and presented in the proper manner ~ 

Chef briefing team 3 and 4 on how it is done :D

 

Aaaaaaannnnddddd , 
CHEF LUNA ON DUTY ~ 

 

Checking if the pancake is gonna be chaoda or not ..


Panicking because the pancake almost chaoda but I cant flip it over


And my pancake was running away from me too ! D:

I guess it's better if I stayed calm during food preparation HAHAHA
My pancakes might have looked better and I would have more confidence in styling the pancakes and overall it would be better ! 

It was a lot of fun making pancakes and it was delicious although it looked quite bad . 
Then I realised that if the pancakes didn't look as appealing as it is delicious , people wouldn't have gotten a good first impression of them, they might not even be tempted to buy those delicious pancakes . ): 

Food presentation and photography are just as important as the food itself . 

As the chef for the team that day , I learnt a few tips from the chef who taught us how to make the pancakes . 
The alignment of the food and the dish is crucial to food presentation , the pancakes were to be placed "shingled" on top of one another inside the more hollow area of the rectangular plate . It made the plate look very full in comparison to having the pancakes stacked on top of one another . 


Also I learnt that we have to have good control in our hands when decorating the plate ! The sauce which was used as both a decoration and topping has to be evenly drizzled . I made a mistake of squeezing too much sauce in front and it made the plate look very messy and unappealing compared to what the professional did and also I should have powdered the cartoon on top of the pancake lightly so that there wouldn't be a cocoa powder spillage all over the pancake . HAHAHAHA

So many spillage over my first pancake ): 


Look at how messy it looks when the sauce is inconsistant .. 
):



UncleTehPeng and SuanYee were trying to get a good shot of the first trial 



A good picture of food especially when it is nicely presented always gets people hungry like how I crave for so much food by just scrolling though Instagram (thanks to my friends.. *cries* ) , that's why it's important to make sure we get the most appetising shot of our delicious pancake . 

Lighting is key .
We didn't need alot of high end equipment to capture the perfect shot of our food , simple lighting can do alot of things like how the pancake glistens under the noon's sun 

We experimented with different angles like this one that captures the food with a bird's eye view with all the props our team has prepared:

 

This is the best shot photo I have chosen , reason is that i find the pancake looking more fluffy with the back light and the cartoon pancake is my centre piece .



And heyyy , we even got a picture with MISSTAMCHIAK ! 


I really enjoyed this challenge , thanks Cathay Lifestyle for giving me this fun learning experience ! 
WOOOOO~





No comments:

Post a Comment